Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

high lighted icons wont go back to normal )-; plz help! thanks ^_^

• Please log in to reply

mrhunta

mrhunta

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
i have a problem with my desktop. I dragged an image from the Net to my Desktop and now my icons are highlighted and they wont unhighlight. Ive even restarting my comp but they refuse to go back to normal.

heres a print screen http://img81.imagesh...untitledsf4.png

Advertisements

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Did you then remove the dragged item to a temp file and reboot? What happened?

Did you go back into the Desktop Properties screen settings to see if they had been altered by the d&d?

Did you flush the registry of any and all refs to the d&d file? Reboot? What happened?

mrhunta

mrhunta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
whats a d@d file :whistling:

Sorry i couldent understand anything the last poster was telling me to do. :blink:

Plz help

Edited by mrhunta, 29 November 2006 - 08:35 PM.

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Apologies... d&d = drag and drop

I was referring to the file you dragged off the net and dropped onto your desktop...

mrhunta

mrhunta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
I deleated that file a wile ago.

Edited by mrhunta, 29 November 2006 - 09:23 PM.

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Yes, and what other steps have you followed? The more input "we" get the more our heads can get around the issue, ...or not... I for one, need more input from you...

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

i have a problem with my desktop. I dragged an image from the Net to my Desktop and now my icons are highlighted and they wont unhighlight. Ive even restarting my comp but they refuse to go back to normal.

heres a print screen http://img81.imagesh...untitledsf4.png

Right click on desktop and select Properties. Click on Appearance tab, then Advance button. Under Item: select Desktop, then under Color 1: select the color you want for you Icon backgrounds. You probably didn't notice the Icons background color since it matched the Desktop's background color originally. You might try selecting black since your Icons have white fonts and they will blend in better with the picture areas that are also black.

Ron