Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't boot in Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply

david barcelona

david barcelona

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi. Since a few days ago, computer can't boot in Safe Mode. When asked, screen goes black and system start list below: multi(0)disk(o)partition(1)\windows\system32\drivers\ (whatever) AND goes repeating that listing differents drivers. Then after a while, goes back again to chooser screen. Only boot in Start Windows Normaly. I have a Grub boot chooser because i run linux as well along with XP Pro SP2. Never had problems. Need to boot in Safe Mode. Someone's got a solution? Thanks. David.

Advertisements

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
What's the last driver it shows on the list? does it just reboot after the last driver?Have you been able to boot in safe mode with Linux on there before??

-OCM770-

david barcelona

david barcelona

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi. The last driver on the list is btkrnl.sys. It seems to be a bluetooth driver. Efectively, i installed bluetooth last week. I can boot in Linux yes and i could boot in Safe Mode before with the Linux installed. This morning, I could boot in Safe Mode and without removing the bluetooth driver!!!???? In Normal Mode, i checked all the booting options (Msconfig, boot.ini), put 20 sec in the timeout instead of 5 sec and it seems to work. How can it be possible that in Safe Mode, the bluetooth driver try to charge itself?

Edited by david barcelona, 02 December 2006 - 05:31 AM.

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Well, I'm not sure, as long as all is fine there should be no problem, as the saying goes: If it works, Why fix it?

If you can boot into safemode great, if it starts happening again post back.

-OCM770-

david barcelona

david barcelona

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks a lot anyway. VIVA EL MAC ;-)