Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No motion in pictures

• Please log in to reply

computer_inerudite

computer_inerudite

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a internet question, pictures on websites aren't animated for me (when i know they're supposed to be). For instance, I have a photobucket account and animated photos that I've downloaded don't seem to be working, I just get a solid picture with no animation.

I've downloaded Adobe Flash Player and my mouse icon works but nothing else seems to be.

I want to remind you all that I have a familiarity with the internet, but I just got my own yesterday, and I'm thinking I might've denied an application when intstalling the internet that would've automatically fixed the problem itself.

PLEASE HELP ME. This is a very irritating thing for me to result to an online forum, but my bf and I are stupefied.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check your firewall settings for ad blocking

computer_inerudite

computer_inerudite

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
nada.

i just tried turning off my firewall for a brief instance. that doesn't seem to work.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got spybot with tea timer

On a web page, click tools, internet options, advanced to check the multimedia options

[attachment=11928:attachment]

computer_inerudite

computer_inerudite

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
wow.

thanks for the direction! i do not have spybots but i have my own firewall installed. eTRUST.

there is a tab for ad blocking, but i had to turn it completely off for it to be effective.

is that harmful to my computer to turn off the ad blocker completely?

Edited by computer_inerudite, 01 December 2006 - 09:09 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It will be a trade off between convenience and pop ups which will bypass the pop up blocker

This will stop the really silly ones generated by Windows Messenger

http://www.grc.com/s...heMessenger.htm

computer_inerudite

computer_inerudite

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
haha

i have a friend in my class in school that told me the first thing to do is to uninstall windows messenger :whistling:

but thanks for the tips and i will save that link if i ever need it! much thanks

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I have ad blocking off and it isn't a problem

Hope it goes well