i going to upgrade my current to PCI-E mobo and a dual core processor. if i switch mobo + processor:
1. Do i have to reinstall XP?
2. Do i have to update the bios inorder to install XP
3. Will my files from my harddrive be corrupted if i install the new mobo
4. Will movie, music, jpeg files be affected?
5. What kind of tests do i need to do after installing the new mobo? or i dont have too?
^^ thanks. first time upgrading mobo and processor. gonna be a fun experence XD
Oh yeah another thing.. im lost with the USB thingy on the mobo. my new case comes with 2 usb in the front along with 2 usb sport cables.. and my mobo has 3 blue slots which are USB onboard ports. my asus mobo came with the q-connector thing... but it comes with 1. the question, how do i kno where to stick it? there so much pins on the ports.
heres a little image if ur confused:
it says USB56, USB76 etc etc
edit - my mobo is asus m2n4-sli
Edited by silencer.dot, 01 December 2006 - 02:41 PM.