Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Comp freezes during cd burn

• Please log in to reply

elldallan

elldallan

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Looking for help or advice on behalf of a friend----

The problem is when writing a cd with nero 6 his pc seems to freeze up anything else apart from nero.

He recently upgraded to a sempron 3000 (1.8 gh) on a winfast 760gxk8mc with 1 gb of ocz 3000 (2 x 512 ) memory

If anyone can help would be appreciated any ideas, If you need any logs etc I can get after the weekend

Thanks for any input

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you post an error report from Nero 6

elldallan

elldallan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Don't think there is one as nero burns the disk it is everything else that freezes, sorry if i was a bit vague with my description

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It is important the PC does not go online for this, if in doubt, unplug the modem

Click start then run, type msconfig then press enter, click start up, click disable all, click apply and reboot

Try using Nero

To reverse the msconfig setting, click start then run, type msconfig then press enter, put the dot in normal start up, click apply and reboot

elldallan

elldallan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Ok will speak to him on his return from a short break and get back to you thanks