How to Remove Zlob.trojan.Media-Codec Goldcodec, Braincodec

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

raphonian

raphonian

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Seems like I got Zlob downloader as well, but I have it on Windows Vista and this smitfraud thing doesn't work on that, right? Anyone who could please help me? It's my girlfriend's laptop and I am desperate to fix it before she gets back home a study trip. Thanks in advance.

Yours,
Raphaël

Advertisements

raphonian

raphonian

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Sorry, posted twice. Please remove.

Edited by raphonian, 29 October 2008 - 03:45 PM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Please follow all of the steps in this section of the Malware Forum. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum. Should you post in that forum please do not respond to your own topic. Our Malware Staff look for topics to help out in that have no responses. The Malware Forum is very busy with many more requests for help than we have volunteer helpers, so please be patient. If you have not had a response to a topic after 3 days then please go to the Waiting Room and read the pinned topic for instructions.

raphonian

raphonian

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Wow!

Thank you so much for the quick reply Essexboy. I will start reading up.

- Raphaël

sfig2000

sfig2000

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this or not. Using Spybot Search & Destroy, I found Zlob.DNSChanger. I share the internet with two of my family members. We each have our own computers, but we're all connected to the same internet source. I've tried using SmitFraudFix and using SpyBot to remove it in Safe Mode. After doing this, it comes back. If I disconnect myself from the network, scan for and remove Zlob.DNSChanger, and then scan again, it stays gone. As soon as I reconnect back to the network and scan again with SpyBot, it comes back. I tried taking my computer somewhere else after and connecting to the internet there. I go into Safe Mode, scan for and remove it and then connect to the internet and it stays gone. But as soon as I come back home and reconnect there, it comes back. What does this mean and how can I get rid of it permanently? Thank you for any help you can give.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.