Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remote Printing Problems

• Please log in to reply

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hi,
I've had remote printing with my desktop and laptop for about 6 months. The printer is connected to the desktop and the laptop prints off of it. I recently did a few security changes. I changed over to NOD32 Antivirus and Armor2net firewall. I've unblocked everything on the firewall on both computers that I can find. But on the laptop the printer still doesn't show up on the list of network printers when I browse for one. I double checked, and the printer is set to shared. Any suggestions to get it back working??

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. When you unblocked some things on the firewall, what did you unblock? Make sure you unblock the computer's IP address.

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Are you very familiar with Armor2net? I have all my programs unblocked, but there is another tab called "Net State" with some options I not very familiar with. I've tried to do it, but I don't thing you can change options on it. It has a list of about 30 items and it lists details about each of them which are:

Remote Address
Local Application/port
Protocol
Status
Action (this one has the option that can be clicked called "Shut"

I haven't quite got familiar with it as I would like to be.

Any suggestions or other methods to print remotely?

Edited by ddiddy40, 03 December 2006 - 08:34 PM.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Does this firewall have any documentation in the help section you can read up on?

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
The help document is just goes deeper into the firewall features and doesn't have a section for problems and solutions or FAQ's

code-machines

code-machines

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,
After Making sure that in RDC it has connect printers on connection, i found that i also needed to have my local printers drivers on the remote pc also.

Thanks