Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linksys Wireless Router

• Please log in to reply

Jony

Jony

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have problems with my Internet connection, it used to work flawlessly but now its all messed up. :mad: My internet provider is Comcast and I have a modem from them which I used to connect to my Linksys wireless router (model BEFW11S4 ver 4). After encountering a problem yesterday and after wasting 8 hours, I was able to fix my internet connection. The bad news is that I can't go to the Linksys setup page, which is 192.168.1.1, I have no idea why it doesn't let me go. My IP adress used to be 192.168.1.10 but now it has changed to 24.12.212.146, and even after reseting the modem I can't go back to the default settings. I don't know what to do, the main computer is able to go to the internet but the other 3 connected computers that used wireless access cannot. I already called Linksys twice, but they didn't help me much. What shall I do? Any help will be appreciated.

Advertisements

S.Dizzle

S.Dizzle

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have the same router as you, but version 3. This sometimes happens to me, but I can usually access the setup page from one of the other comps on my network. If you put the wrong password in, I believe you have to wait a while to try again, as it cuts off access. Try unplugging your router's power while its running, and waiting about a minute. Then plug it back in and see what happens. This has worked for me a couple times. Resetting it is also good, but you said that you'd already done that. Hoe this helps!
S.

Jony

Jony

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Nothing helps...I am in dispair. I called Linksys and they are willing to give me a new router, but the problem is that I can't find my reciept so now I have to pay at least 70$ for a new router, and furthermore I won't know if it work on the 3 seperated USB wireless conectors that I have. :tazz:
Here is a picture of what makes me go crazy, and I am about to break this computer.

Attached Thumbnails

• Local_Area_connection2.jpg

S.Dizzle

S.Dizzle

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
try calling your internet provider, and ask them the status of your connection. they might be able to help you out

Jony

Jony

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Okay, I fixed everything. It was messy and it took me 2 days and at least 3 hours talking with different Comcast and Linksys representatives who didn't know anything or how to fix it. Finally I was able to find a tutorial online and just when I was about to give up, I fixed it. I am too lazy to desribe what I did, but if anyone is interested or encounters a similar problem I won't spare any details.

brock

brock

• Pip
  • 4 posts
*gasp*

the web site of the tutorial would sufffice enough for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111

thanks!