Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

color palate problems

• Please log in to reply

dougburkeen3

dougburkeen3

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello im doug i have a dell desk top computer using windows 98se. this is a comp that i got from someone else so i dont have much background. i cant get the color palate to change from 16 back to 265 where it belongs. now as i right click on my computer and go into the device manager i have tried to update the drivers but they wont. im wondering if i need to be in safe mode to do this and i would also like to know as i see an option to disable drivers ,, is there a way to find any that may have been disabled by someone else
and one more thing i am wondering if i was to upgrade this comp to windows xp would that alone solve my problems or will i still have driver problems .. im not even sure if upgrading is a good idea

my email is [email protected] thank you for any help

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Welcome to Geeks to GO, dougburkeen3.

Generally i do not suggest upgrading win 98 computers to XP. Most Win 98 computers are really not fast enough for it to be worthwhile. They are usually in the 300 to 1000MHz range of processors. I prefer to have at least a 2000MHz cpu for windows XP.

If you could give us a model number and as much information as possible as to the hardware in your computer we could find the correct drivers for your computer. Usually when you are stuck with 16 colors it is because you are using the original windows drivers and not the video chipset drivers. Software like Everest home edition could give you all the info you need to find drivers.

http://www.majorgeek...wnload4181.html

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 04 December 2006 - 05:04 PM.