Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with ms2000/access sample database

• Please log in to reply

dsk

dsk

• Pip
  • 3 posts
coin_arch1.png Hi there from sunny Spain,please excuse the lack of tech jargon but I'm just a humble electronics engineer new to all this forum, forms ,tables etc but am struggling to adapt a sample ms dbase( Service Call Management )as supplied with the disk v9.0 spack3 in so far as one of the forms within the dbase called Workorder Labor(note spelling) although in design & datasheet view mode the comments text box can be viewed when print preview invoice is selected invoice prints as per screen but no comments box & hence no text that was typed into the text box which can be viewed on screen. Do not know if this is a bug with this ms sample database or simply something I need to do re:a wrong parameteror something, prob is I would run debug if I knew how to if it would help :whistling:

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi dsk! Welcome to G2G!

The comments do appear, but they are just on a different page. On the bottom left of the print preview window, you will see a couple buttons. To go to the next page, you click the black arrow that is pointing to the right.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 06 December 2006 - 07:28 PM.

dsk

dsk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
coin_arch1.png Hi fenor thanks for the reply,with this info I took the orig sample dbase file again created another dbase with new data but did not amend edit any layout,design etc simply entered Co. name .EMPLOYEE id EQUIPMENT DETAILS ,FAULT work done in comments box etc .When I go to preview invoice all the bottm lhd arrows are greyed out as there is only one page as it says at bottm of invoice rhnd side page one of one .Whether or not I have an old version of this dbase file or not don't know but am pulling my hair out with it, any further help would be much appreciated . N.B the wizard file properties say created 14 May 1998, perhaps yours is a later version don't know......... Des

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
What do you actually want to do with this database?

Fenor

dsk

dsk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Fenor once again, dbase needs to record service client data ie. names ,addresses ,Tel no. equipment details parts fitted cost all of which it has but also needed abox to state work done ie.labour ie. Resolder bad joint etc.Also facility to print final invoice, hope this helps .........Des