Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

kick my pcs azZ!

• Please log in to reply

ocelot1

ocelot1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi,

im really really desperate 2-3 months ago my pc suddenly had some BSOD after working fine for 9 month i checked my ram modules and one of them was damaged so I changed it. But after that i still had some BSOD (IRQ_LESS_OR_EQUAL) I reinstalled my windows and now my computer just freezes and i have to reset it. I even changed my mainboard and i also chaged the slot of my soundcard(IRQ). My pc freezes sometimes after 10 minutes and sometimes after 7-8 hours and always when im surfing the net. I switched off both of my onboard LAN and iam using a wireless usb stick. I can guarantee that its not my cpu i torture it with prime95 and neither my ram test it with memtest. Im really confused because im clueless could it be my HDD
its there a way to monitor my sytem to see why it keeps freezing????

My system:
Athlon 64 X2 3800+(max temp 48C)
Asus A8N-SLI Premium now Asus a8r32-mvp Deluxe
2x512 Crucial Ballstix
Powercolor X850Xt
M-Audio Audiophile 2496
Win XP Pro
Kaspersky Anti Virus 6
1x sata 250GB
2x Ide Hdd

Thanks!!

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
It is possible that the new ram module is not identical in some specs to the old one. Try to take one out and run the computer with one module only. See if it is still freezing. Is the computer overclocked? Enter bios and set it to work on default values.

ocelot1

ocelot1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
no the ram is exactly the same its a kit and my system is overclocked but i had it all on default for a week but still got the freezes.....and i tested my system with prime95 and memtest for a long time with no freezes its just when im surfing the net.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If you are convinced that the freeze occurs only during net surfing, and if you replaced the nic to a usb one, then probably the problem is with your router. Try to reset it to default values (usually there is a small hole at back of the router into which you insert the tip of a pen for about 30 seconds) and configure again. If this doesn't help you should consider replacing the router.

Generally speaking it seems that you have a lot of hardware attached to the motherboard. So much so that your power supply unit may have difficulty supplying the required load (what is the output of your psu?). Assuming that the problem is not with the router I would try to disconnect 2 HDs and leave only the one with the operating system. I would also pull out the the sound card and use the one onboard instead. If you have onboard video connection use it and pull out the extenal one. If the computer becomes stable start reconnecting the hardware one piece at a time, run the computer and see if it is freezing. This will enable identifing the problematic item if there is any.

I still suggest that you try to run the computer on one memory module. Pinpointing a randomly freezing computer can be a long and frustrating process.

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hello and welcome, to g's2go.

an overclocked rig !! ............ lol
if its not your ram, hows the cpu ?. just a thought.

cheers xxx1