Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Got a new hardware

• Please log in to reply

JayBern

JayBern

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
Greetings to all,

I've just got myself a 250GB internal hard drive. My main hard drive (40GB~) has only 7GB~ space left. How am I able to transfer my files from "C:\Program Files" to "G:\Program Files" without uninstalling and installing the programs again? Is there a tool that can transfer and auto edit any routes that are connected to it? Like if I transfer MSN from my C: drive to my new G: drive, it wouldn't be able to run properly unless I change the route from C: to G:. Right? I'm looking for a program that can do that for me.

I have three accounts on this desktop. How am I able to make the "My Documents" on my desktop to be directed to G: drive instead of C: drive?

Regards,
Jay :whistling:

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Jaylights, contact Keith to see if you can get Paragon Drive Copy 8 from him. If necessary i do have the program and will figure out some way to get it to you. I just used DC 8 to copy 6.2 gigs of a system on a 20 gig hard drive to a 160 gig hard drive with no problems so far.

You may still be able to get it here.

http://www.vnunet.co...e-copy-personal

Download it and then go to the website on the page to register it. I am now going to attempt to copy a XP system from a 30 gig laptop drive to a 100 gig laptop drive using my Desktop computer and some Ebay adapters.

SRX660

JayBern

JayBern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
Thank you! Am downloading it now. And will do the transfer in awhile.

Will get back here after the transfer. (: