Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help with background picture

• Please log in to reply

da20drvr

da20drvr

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Im having a problem. I was selecting a picture in as a background and accidently clicked on the "Select as a desktop item". It appears on the screen as a small picture and I cant figure out how to delete it off. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
You can right click on your desktop, go to properties, once the prompter box appears, click the tab that says desktop. It should show you how the picture looks on your desktop. Below that is a box in which you should be able to scroll through. You can either choose a different image/picture or choose the top option of none, where it will just have a color for your background. And again it should show you what it looks like above. On the right side of the prompter box, you should be able to choose the color you would prefer.

da20drvr

da20drvr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the reply. I have tried that several times with different backgrounds and the picture still appears on all of the backgrounds. I had this same thing a couple years ago but dont remember how I deleted it.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
To clarify: you have a graphic on your desktop that you can't remove? If you hover your mouse over it, do you get Windows borders around it, that have the minimize, maximize, and x in the upper right corner? If so, click the x to remove it.

Or, go to Control Panel, Display, Desktop tab, Customize Desktop, Web tab. Locate the web photo you set as a desktop item, highlight it, delete it.

da20drvr

da20drvr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thankyou very much. That did work. I knew it was something easy just didnt go far. Again, Thanks.