Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

#1 LOG FiLE,,,Not sure what I have

• Please log in to reply

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
You may try reinstalling Java

Advertisements

shortNswt19

shortNswt19

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Well, Im in deep trouble !! !! I have no clue what happened or what I did wrong. Im currently having to write this on my laptop. I can not get on my desktop computer, well I can but,, it will not allow me to access the internet.

When I first got on after work today it was running extremely slow. The only thing we did last nite was reinstall our Norton which we have a cd rom for & update the windows. So afterwards my mom tried to play her gogo games on AOL & it wouldnt allow her. She got frusterated & just shut it down.

So today I get on & at first I was able to get in I.E it was extremely slow. So I exited it & tried reopening it & it wouldn`t allow me. So I hit clt+alt+delete & noticed i had 50 processes running which i normally only have 42 even with running I.E. So I try restoring to the day befor & I think it just made it worse.

I have no clue wut happened. I was thinking bout just redoing the whole Windows XP & saving anything of my moms. But i dont know how.

I could try & run HJT LOG & include startup programs save it to a disk or w.e & send it on the laptop. But if there is a virus I dont want to transfer it to this computer either.

!!!!!!!!!!! I hate the internet. Your better off just staying off !!! LoL
-Jennifer

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
See HERE TO do a repair installation. Since your computer has been reconfigured by several repairmen over the past few years, I really don't know how to advise you further. You could post in the XP/2000 forum and see if they can assist you. I will keep this thread open so you can post any problems. Good luck. :whistling:

shortNswt19

shortNswt19

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Ok thank you so much, As soon As I read everything & do what I can, I will be sure to write back