Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Minimize to task bar

• Please log in to reply

foxygrandma35

foxygrandma35

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600, and IE 6, SP2.

When I click on an icon on my desk top, and I minimize it to the task bar, then I click on another one, the one I minimized shows up on the screen, then it goes to the one I clicked on last. Also happens when I am in my emails. When I am in my Hot Mail or my Yahoo Mail, and I minimize either to the task bar, go to a web site I have on my desk top, my Yahoo Mail (or Hotmail) screen comes up, and then it goes to the Web Page. To get back to the email screen, I have to press the Back key. If I press the X (close), it takes me out of the email. What makes it do this? If I go to a Microsoft Word document on my desk top when I have either of my emails minimized to the task bar, or a web site minimized, it does not do this.

Every day I run, after checking for updates, SpyBot, Ad-Aware, AVG Anti-spy ware 7.5, and AVG 7.5 Professional Anti-Virus.

I went to Check Disk and checked Automatically Fix File System Errors but it did no good. Bad Sectors showed 0.

Thanks much.
[size=4] :whistling:

Advertisements

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Finally figured it out. Thanks anyway. :whistling:

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
How was it resolved...others may be interested...thanks...

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

How was it resolved...others may be interested...thanks...

Somehow, in Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, the Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts had gotten checked. I always have it unchecked, so did not even think to check that out, until I happened to be in Advanced for another reason and saw it checked. So, I unchecked it, and that took care of the problem.

Merry Christmas.

http://www.thensings...istmasPage.html

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
I find that I have to re-visit all of the initial "setup" "checkmarks" once in a while just to be sure that they are properly set. The way we jostle our computers about, it is a wonder that they do not get checked or unchecked more often...

Loved your URL...

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

I find that I have to re-visit all of the initial "setup" "checkmarks" once in a while just to be sure that they are properly set. The way we jostle our computers about, it is a wonder that they do not get checked or unchecked more often...

Loved your URL...

Yes, guess I should do that sometimes. Life is so hectic, I forget to do stuff like that. :whistling: I am a caretaker for my brother who has Alzheimer's and by the time I do for him, plus me, I forget a lot. Duh! :blink:

Here is another nice Chrismas song site.

http://susie1114.com...stmasIndex.html

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Thank you so very much...very enjoyable :whistling:

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Thank you so very much...very enjoyable :blink:

Glad you like the Christmas links. When I am online I let the songs play in the background. Kinda soothing to me.

I love this link with John Wayne talking: http://www.poofcat.com/pledgejw.html

This one I look at a lot, also. http://www.llerrah.com/dreams.htm Not Christmas links, but very nice ones.

Happy New Year to all. I love you all.

See you in the New Year sometime, as I always manage to somehow get myself into some computer problem. :whistling:

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Thank you...TTFN... :whistling: I'll stop now, in case others are not on the same track :blink:

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Darn thing hangs and then repeats...sorry all...When I come back on line, there it is...bummer ;(

Edited by b1caez01, 19 December 2006 - 03:48 PM.