Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual-Monitor help.

• Please log in to reply

jaimejd007

jaimejd007

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Alright so I have a laptop, running Windows XP Pro SP2, nVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 128MBs video card with dual monitor support, 1GB of RAM, Intel Centrino dual core, yatta yatta yatta. I plugged in my big (don't know how big, something around 40") widescreen TV to my laptop via an S-Video cable and I set up the TV to work as a second desktop. I have it on 1024x768 res (my laptop is on 1680x1050 res) and everything is fine and dandy.

As you can imagine, I mainly hooked up my laptop to this TV to watch movies and such. Whenever I play a video that is wide-screen and I put my video player (MPC in this case) in fullscreen, everything is fine. BUT! Whenever I play a video that's full-screen and I put MPC on fullscreen mode, I lose some of the image. Any idea why? I thought it was because my TV is widescreen but I don't think that's it. See my TV has this mode called "Narrow" that puts two vertical bars in the sides of the screen to make it 4:3. And even in that mode I still lose part of the picture of full-screen videos when I put them on fullscreen view.

Any ideas? If you need more info or need me to explain something again, please let me know.

-jaimejd007

Advertisements