Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse help.

• Please log in to reply

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Do you have any diagnostic software? I'm wondering if the USB is going out. Or check the manufacture website for driver/software downloads and updates. There may be some updates for USB support.

On another tact, do you have antivirus and anti-spyware software installed? Are they up-to-date and have you run a full scan recently?

Advertisements

GIB

GIB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Yes, I have Ad-Aware, Spybot, AVG and Ewido. They're all up-to-date and I've ran some recent checks.

What do you mean by diagnostic software? Sorry, my knowledge of computers only runs so far. :whistling:

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
For instance, with Dell computers, you get an operating system CD and a "resource/application" that contains diagnostic software to run whenever you have trouble.

What brand is your laptop? Did you purchase your laptop new or used? If new, how much warranty did you get? There may be diagnostic software on the manufacturuer website, too.

GIB

GIB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
My laptop is Packard Bell.

I've had it since October 2005.

As for the warranty, I'm not sure.

Edited by GIB, 10 December 2006 - 08:09 AM.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
What's the model? And please confirm the operating system.

GIB

GIB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Packard Bell Intel Pentium M processor 1.60GHz.

Is that what you're after?

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
No. What you've given me is the processor. The model will be part of the name of the computer, like Packard Bell EasyNote MZ35 or Packard Bell W5 Series.

GIB

GIB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Ahh.

It's Packard Bell EasyNote L, according to this.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
According to Packard Bell's site, there are two L series - L2 and L4. Under each are several specific models.

The updates that I see there that might help are BIOS and Chipset. There is also a user forum.

Without know the specific model, I can't really suggest anything further. It would be beneficial for you to contact Packard Bell about the warranty status of your laptop.