Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error OX000000ED

• Please log in to reply

Mindy Mc

Mindy Mc

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have a Toshiba Satellite M45-S169 (laptop) with Windows XP home edition. I got an error OX000000ED Unbootable_Boot_Volume. I saw your previous post to try RC.iso file, but i cannot get that file to open in order to burn to a CD. I recently moved and cannot locate my recovery disc. Is there anything else i can try? I understand it could be a "failed hard drive", should i just chalk it up and send it in for a new hard drive? I had somethings on my drive that i hate to lose, as i didnt make a back up file after adding them. I also understand it could have something to do with the BIOS settings, is there anyway to change those or fix those? I appreciate any info that you have. Thanks so much!

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
I removed my post - wrong advice. Sorry.

Edited by LindaGail, 08 December 2006 - 02:53 PM.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Sorry for the confusion. You don't need to try to open the ISO file. If you have Sonic RecordNow to burn the ISO file, following these instructions.

RecordNow! can re-create CD copies from disc image files. To create a disc use the following steps:

Insert a blank recordable disc into the CD/DVD writer drive.

From the main menu, click the Backup Projects tab, and click Burn Image.

Click the Browse button.

Browse to the desired image file, highlight the file and click the Add button. Ensure the CD/DVD Writer is the device to record to, and click the Burn button.

The CD or DVD is ejected automatically when the copy is completed.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Did this resolve your issue?