Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Resolution Unchangable

• Please log in to reply

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Download the latest Forceware 93.71 drivers and install them.

http://www.nvidia.co...p_2k_93.71.html

These Drivers do support your 7300 LE card.

* "Download Accelerator" utilities should be disabled when downloading any drivers.

* Do not run virus protection software in the background while installing the drivers. This prevents the driver from configuring itself properly.

* Before installing new drivers make sure you uninstall all NVIDIA display drivers from the Windows Control Panel. Browse to the Start Menu > Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and search for "NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers" or "NVIDIA Display Drivers" and select remove.

From what i can see in your control panel you do not have any Nvidia drivers for the graphics card.

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 09 December 2006 - 03:34 PM.

Advertisements

Midnightx

Midnightx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
ok i downloaded it, and while installing it i get an error, heres a screenshot of it....

http://img155.images...asdasdaslq3.png

Edited by Midnightx, 09 December 2006 - 05:56 PM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Then the computer you are trying to fix either has a bad video card( not likely because it works) or it does not have a Nvidia card. Does the computer you are trying to fix use a video card or is the video "on-board". it you connect the monitor to the computer with a connector that is places along with a bunch of other connectors like the mouse. keyboard, and sound you are using On-Board video. If this is so you need to find out what motherboard you have and locate video drivers from the motherboard manufacturer website.

If you do have a video card in your computer look on the card for any identifying stickers or writing on the card. Look for the Nvidia name on the larger chipset on the card.

SRX660

Midnightx

Midnightx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
http://img139.images...sdasdasdpy4.png theres a picture of the back of my computer im trying to fix if thats what u mean..... and.... im pretty sure i have a video card becuzz about a year or two ago i played a game on it fine with high quality.....and it was fine back then....the resolution wasnt big either....and i dont know how to find what motherboard it has.....and i tried looking for the video card in there today....couldnt find it...maybe becuase i simply couldn't find it :whistling: ......

Edited by Midnightx, 09 December 2006 - 06:33 PM.

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
Just trying to find a solution for your problem. It has worked for me, I thought it might work for you.

Suit yourself.

Midnightx

Midnightx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
hey blaster could u pls give me a link? to it? thanks

Edited by Midnightx, 09 December 2006 - 08:17 PM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Now would be a good time to download everest home edition and run it so you can post the chipsets in that computer. From the picture that particular computer is using on-board video and on-board sound.

http://www.majorgeek...wnload4181.html

Please post any chipset information you can from the everest program. You may have to make a text file of your findings.

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 09 December 2006 - 08:47 PM.

Midnightx

Midnightx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
ok ill do that, thx alot for the help so far, on the computer im fixing...theres also a problem that when i turn it on...it doesnt go to the desktop but at the black boot screen, it loads a whole buncha white text, and on the bottom it says

BOOT FROM CD :
BOOT DISK FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND HIT ENTER

and after several attempts of pressing the "Restart" button on my pc, it works....or i have to like wait half an hour or so then press restart and it works.....

Edited by Midnightx, 09 December 2006 - 09:06 PM.

Midnightx

Midnightx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Theres my report...i attached it.....and theres one what the computer's desktop looks like, just making sure you know what i mean :whistling: http://img185.images...sdasdasdth6.png

Attached Files

Edited by Midnightx, 09 December 2006 - 10:14 PM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You have the intel on-board extreme graphics 845GE chipset. These are the drivers you are looking for.

http://www.intel.com...b/CS-009236.htm

Notice where is says Intel 845 GE Chipset. Download those drivers. It will be the first set of drivers.

http://downloadfinde.....mp;submit=Go!

On the application acceleraterdrivers, it is for ATA hard drives.
Do I need the Intel® Application Accelerator?

The Intel® Application Accelerator replaces the ATA drivers that come with Windows* with drivers optimized for desktop and mobile PCs using select Intel® chipsets. It reduces the storage sub-system bottleneck, enabling the processor and other system level hardware to be more productive and efficient. It is not a requirement for your operating system to work properly.

Also do NOT download and install the chipset software installation utility. This utility is for Audio, Lan, USB, etc.

You need to go into the BIOS and reset the boot order to where it boots from the hard drive and not the cdrom drive. This may cure your problem of the startup boot failure. It could also indicate that your hard drive is going bad. we can check that later.

I would only install the 14.10 graphics drivers(double click on the exe file and let it install) and reboot the computer to see if th graphics are much better. You may have to go into display setting and change them to a higher color quality setting. You can get there by right clicking the desktop, click properites, and click on the settings tab.

SRX660

Advertisements

Midnightx

Midnightx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Thanks in advanced!!! It worked and now its fine, thanks everyone for the help, but i still dont know how to fix the boot up problem where i have to insert a disk and press enter.......i went into the BIOS menu and disabled a couple things, what should i put the First Boot Device and Second and Third on? becuase i put it on HDD0 or w.e.....and once again thanks :whistling:

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Hmm... make sure you have your hard drive connected properly... This happend to me and I just make sure the cables were properly connected and it worked.

Midnightx

Midnightx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Hmm... make sure you have your hard drive connected properly... This happend to me and I just make sure the cables were properly connected and it worked.

ill see if i can, becuase i dont really know how to connect my hard drive properly.... :whistling:

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Just unplug and replug the cable connections. You really cannot put the cable on wrong as there is a groove in the outside edgd of the coupler that prevents the cable from being pushed in backwards.

As for boot order i would make it hard drive first, then floppy drive, then cdrom. If you have a windows CD to reinstall XP on the computer you might make the cdrom as second boot device and the floppy drive as third.

SRX660