Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Add or remove program problem

• Please log in to reply

kwazyfuzziez112

kwazyfuzziez112

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having a slight problem with my add or remove programs this is what i see when i scroll down

Posted Image

Can someone please help me

Sabrina

Edited by kwazyfuzziez112, 09 December 2006 - 12:26 AM.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
try download this and after each feature of the program you use reboot

so if you fix or clean registry reboot
defragment reboot etc......

http://www.tune-up.com/

then try this it takes awhile but effective

from start>>run>>copy this>. chkdsk /f /r then paste in the address bar or drop menu

click ok then type y and reboot let this process happen takes bout 1 hour to 2 hours

chkdsk /f /r

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
I had this same problem some time ago. Had to figure it out on my own since there was little information on what I call the Black Plague.

Go to Start >> Run, type in "regedit" (without the quotes)

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Export the Uninstall key to a folder of your choice in case you need to reenter it into the registry.

Since Add/Remove items are in alphabetical order, click on each item listed under "Uninstall" and in the right panel look for a listing that alphabetically falls between where the black area begins in Add/Remove and where the black area ends in Add/Remove. In your case look for an entry that falls between Realplayer Basic and the next entry after the black area ends. Delete this uninstall key. If you find more than one entry that falls in this area, export each uninstall entry then after deleting one entry check Add/Remove and see if that entry was the culprit, if not reenter the key back into the registry. Do this one entry at a time until you find which was causing the problem.

Example:

The black area in my Add/Remove began after the entry HijackThis, and ended before the entry HP Center. By using the method I described, I found Hostman in "Uninstall" had no listing in Add/Remove but alphabetically fell between HijackThis and HP Center. Since I really didn't need Hostman, I uninstalled the application and Add/Remove returned to normal.