Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble with PCI USB 2.0 Card

• Please log in to reply

KJ-DW

KJ-DW

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello there

Basically my pc was almost dead and i couulndt be doing with all the hassle of trying to repair it myself. I took it to a reputable pc shop and it all got repaired (winows completely reinstalled and hd formatted), picked it up yesterday, the guy explained that part of the problem was my belkin usb 2.0 pci card i had in there... i explained i will need a usb 2.0 card so he fitted a new one for me.

Anyway i get home, plug in my printer, and external hdd and both of them just say "usb device not recognised, this device malfunctioned" or words to that effect.

Can anyone help? i have plugged the devices into other usb ports and they work fine, just it is slower as they are usb 1.

I am using xp pro if that helps.

Also i have tried updating the drivers and nothing else happens.

Advertisements

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Hmm...go into Device Manager (Start -> Run, devmgmt.msc), and let us know if anything there is showing with a ? or !, or is listed under Other Devices or Uknown Devices.

raiden69

raiden69

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I had the same problem. 1 question i have is : do you have sp2 installed, because that fixed my problem.