Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

copying excel content

• Please log in to reply

shlmathew

shlmathew

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hi guru's,

i wanted to copy the contents in a spreadsheet as well as 100's of interlinked(attached link -source is different) spread sheets content at the same time !! is it possible or is there any tool available for that ?? microsoft sharepoint we can use for it?

regards
mathew

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Are you going to "Save As" your workbook or just copy/paste data from the sheet? Are you wanting to copy the data from those links that is displayed in the master sheet or copy the linked workbooks as well? Do all the linked workbooks reside in the same location or are the scattered across a network?

Exactly what are you trying to accomplish?

shlmathew

shlmathew

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
the linked workbooks are in the same location and i wanted to get the contents from each workbook (for eg:- imagine the index of a book and it has various chapters ;if i click on say chapter 1 [this chapter contains pictures 20 pages data etc) like that 10 chapters are there .i want all of them

please help

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Where are you posting the workbook for access? On the web or a server drive?

shlmathew

shlmathew

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
on the server driver

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
So, all the workbooks are stored in a server folder and users will access/open the main workbook via a shortcut to the main workbook?

Supposing the main workbook and all linked workbooks are in a central location (server folder that is shared for all users), have you tried to access the main workbook from another user workstation? It seems like it should work like any other shared resource.

I'm not familiar with Sharepoint Services, but is the above scenario doesn't work, post back and we'll bump the thread.