Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor resolution issuses

• Please log in to reply

brian210

brian210

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
i recently got a "TECO TL2003FM" monitor. some ghetto asian brand, got it for free so can't complain. its 20inchs corner to corner, pretty cool but i cant get it to adjust to a suitable resolution. the only resolution that works is 800 by 600 and apparently the monitor only supports up to 1024 x 768 or somthing like that. but when i adjust it to a higher resolution the picture gets all cut up or something hard to describe. seems more like a hardware issue then software so i figured it would go in this forum. i was wondering if there was a way to some how change to a higher resolution even if the monitor does not support it.

the problem is that windows are WAAAY too large and i have to scroll a lot. if i cant adjust the resolution is there a way to resize the windows and its contents. i know if i drag the corner windows will go smaller but the content inside does not change size there for i have to scroll alot. is there anyway to adjust this.

Advertisements

aguillar

aguillar

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Quick suggestion; if you havn't already, install the correct driver as it sounds like the pc may not be recognising the monitor correctly.
Another possibility is the refresh or colour depth may be set to high for 1074x768. Try reducing them perhaps.

brian210

brian210

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
hmm it didnt come with a driver but searching online wasnt very helpful either. only found drivers for win95, and not sure if it was for correct monitor.

how do i adjust colour depth and refresh, is it the same as colour quality?

burnoutnotfadeaway

burnoutnotfadeaway

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Right click on your desktop.
Select 'Properties'
Select the Settings tab and click the 'Advanced button'.
Open the 'Monitor' tab.
Click 'Advanced' button.
Click 'Driver' tab
Click 'Update Driver'

If this doesn't solve it, open the Display Properties' Settings tab, click the Advanced button then go to the Troubleshoot tab, then put the slide to the highest Hardware Acceleration possible.

If this doesn't work, reply :whistling:

Edited by burnoutnotfadeaway, 11 December 2006 - 07:04 AM.

brian210

brian210

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
it couldnt find the driver. and the hardware acceleration was already maxed out.

brian210

brian210

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
it couldnt find the driver. and the hardware acceleration was already maxed out.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
could you tell me what the picture is like if you boot into safemode
also, back in normal mode under disply properties what are your options as to display settings, sizes and resolutions

brian210

brian210

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
in safe mode looks bout the same only with out the xp theme, also no background. other then that i dont notice much of a difference. the resolution i can change are 800x600, 960x 600 and 1024x768

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
back in normal mode, look at you display setting,(thanks for telling me resolutions choices) what are your colour quality choices(sometime a lesser quality offer other resolutions as in my sonny viao). and if you press advanced, how are things set there and what are your choices
finally I suggest writing down you setting and see what happens when you change things

ah, forgot to ask, does this scroling problem arrive regardless of resolution, horizontal and vertical

Edited by fleamailman, 13 December 2006 - 11:09 AM.