Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not reading correct disk space for external HDD?

• Please log in to reply

jmckin06

jmckin06

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Recently, I've been working through steps to install Windows XP onto my external HDD. The ONLY modification I did to it in specific, was attempting to format it with this tool: http://h18000.www1.h...load/23839.html

Now, I did this as it was recommended to do so on a guide to make XP bootable from a USB-connected HDD. After running the HP Tool that was posted, my 250 GB Western Digital external HDD now shows up as 907 MB.

I've tried downloading Paragon Partition Manager, and deleting/formatting/etc and messing around with everything, but nothing works. Any help would be appreciated.. thanks in advance.

EDIT: Ah, I fixed it. Sorry about that. I had to boot to CD and delete the "partition" of 907 MB, that fixed it up.

Edited by jmckin06, 14 December 2006 - 05:49 AM.

Advertisements