Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Forget Christmas

• Please log in to reply

Serrik

Serrik

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
There is just no day like "new computer day"

According to purolator my components are on the truck running around town right now, working their way towards me!

Yay!

I haven't had a personal "new computer day" in 5 years, I am overdue =)

Advertisements

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Cool lol. What have you ordered for your new computer day?? :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

According to purolator my components are on the truck running around town right now, working their way towards me!

then why are you here!?!?!? get in the car and track that guy down!!

Serrik

Serrik

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Well, my system is pretty minimal by today's standards I guess. I had to buy allot of components at once as my old computer is simply not going to upgrade gracefully.

So what I did was ordered the minimal rig I would be satisfied with, and I plan to upgrade a component each 2 months for a while and use these new components to slowly build a 2nd PC for a family member.

So I got a

AMD AM2 Athlon 64 3800+ (not dual core, I would have gone intel right now but I bought the motherboard a few months back before the Conroe's started reviewing so well)

1 GB RAM DDR2 (2x512 for dual channel) I plan to upgrade to 2 or 3 GB in a months time so this is to get me started
7600 GT PCI-E 256MB
250 GB SATA2 NCQ Seagate Barracuda HDD
New FDD to match my black case =P ( I still use my FDD sometimes though I wish I didn't need it)
Asus M2N4-SLI motherboard (I bought this a few months back)
LG DVD Ram drive from my current computer
Sound and network is onboard (which is all I need)

Anyway, it is a big jump from my current rig.