Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

? about burning movies

• Please log in to reply

matthew staton

matthew staton

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
I used dvd shrink and nero.To make back up copy's of the kids movies that I buy so they don't get ruined. For some reason when ever I burn a movie it seems to have skips in it .I have lower the burn speed to 8x to burn a movie . I am stuck here lol I made about 50 coasters so far. I am using a dvd+r Dl 16x dvd burner. There no scratches in the movies either. That I tryed to copy. Any idea's guys.

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Most of the coasters I've produced I attribute to bad media. Memorex seems to produce the most. Sony, Fuji, and TDK have been pretty good to me. Lower burn speeds also seem to help. I usually burn at 4X.

matthew staton

matthew staton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Thanks I try to lower the speed to 4 x I hope that fixes the problem.I just got a bunch of HP DVD's and they seem to work realy well. Looking for imation protective coated forcefield dvd-r there awsome I ran one over with my desk chair and it did not even scratch any one no where I can find them at a good price on line mybe in bulk.I realy don't think there is a better DVD-r out there IMO.