Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my computer is smoking

• Please log in to reply

varouj

varouj

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello,
I've got a little problem. I am running a
k7s5a msi mainboard
ati radeon 9200
796 ddr ram
1.2 athlon xp

my computer has worked perfectly for the past 2 years. (i have upgraded but not recently) and i came home one day to find my computer off. i than relized that the cpu fan broke and myy computer overheated. what kind of problems could arise? when i boot up the computer stays on for 5 seconds than stops. sometimes smoke comes out of the power supply (p4 350 watt) . when i try to turn it on it goes on for 5 seconds than i have to wait a minute or two to be able to turn on the computer again, and it stays on for 5 seconds ect. my presumtion is my mother board and my cpu are both toast. i have a amd athlon 1.0 i tried it in my computer didnt work but no smoke. i was planning on buying a new mother board new power supply definatly a new cpu fan and using the 1.0. do you think this is a good idea, is there a way to fix this?? is my gpx card, ram ok??? please help pleasee

Advertisements

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
I would start off with just the new Power Supply Unit. Once you fit that you will then see if the others all work. I think you will find that they will be OK.