Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Help Manage Programs that start at Log in

• Please log in to reply

HickoryDean

HickoryDean

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I only go back 26 years with PC's (to Radio Shack Model 2 in 1980 Sales). I was a whiz editing autoexec.bat and config.sys. Now my home PC with XP Pro, I am confused. My XP Pro at work is so different. At home, I am unable to find the Startup program. I am just trying to keep a couple of programs from starting when I log in, as opposed to when my son logs in. I find Startup at work but not on my home PC. Getting old I guess. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated. This is my first post on this forum.
HickoryDean

Advertisements

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Your not the only one that gets confused! I started working computers in the Air Force during the Nam war 1968! I'm easily baffled by today's technology.

For your startup programs go to "Start" >> "Run" and type in msconfig, click OK. Select the "Startup" tab.

I hope I understood your post correctly and this is what you are looking for. :whistling:

HickoryDean

HickoryDean

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Kniht,
Thanks. Problem solved.
HickoryDean

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
P.S. download WinPatrol...its a neat prog and opens up the innards for review... :whistling: http://www.winpatrol.com/

Edited by b1caez01, 17 December 2006 - 09:31 AM.

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Some further info.

http://www.netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

Edited by zbd, 17 December 2006 - 10:08 AM.

HickoryDean

HickoryDean

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks b1caez01 and zbd. Have scotty now and checked out netsquirrel.