Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Logitech Z-5400 (Help please)

• Please log in to reply

Mitesh

Mitesh

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
I am planning on buying the Logitech Z-5400, I know the Z-5500 are better, but I have read in many places that for the money these are worth it and my room is small so z-5500 would be overkill. I am confused, I am also going to buy the X-FI Extreme music, however this comes with hardware decoding so does that mean the soundcard will mamke no diffrence in terms of soundquality as the hardware is doing it? I currently have a gigabyte motherboard (GA_8I915p-Duo Pro, which has onboard Intel High Definition audio and I believe adding the soundacrd will greatly improve sound quality- correct me if I am wrong.
Also will using an optical out still give me 5.1 and is it superior to the other connections the pseaker offers?
I am a gamer so I really need 5.1 and I also watch movies these are the main purposes.
Please help me I am confused especailly about the hardware decoder and the soundcard. Would it be better to remove the hardware decoder box and just use the soundcard? Also the soundcard does not appear to have any digital out or optical out only the 5 connections required. Or am I wrong? If do please correct me.
I thank you in advance.

Edited by Mitesh, 16 December 2006 - 06:06 AM.

Advertisements

Mitesh

Mitesh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Looks like the people here are just as clueless as me. Is this stuff to advanced? Why isnt anyone replying. I know I havnt posted in the wrong place. Answer me please.
I need help ASAP.
(I have already placed the order for the speakers (Z-5400) nad the XFI-Extreme music however the speakers will still take 5 days to restock so I can still cancel it if people say I should buy the Z-5500).