Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

One question.

• Please log in to reply

youngpup

youngpup

• Pip
  • 5 posts
How do you stop the list of past searches appearing whenever you click on certain search bars? Its annoying me :whistling:

Advertisements

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Browser searches or in house searches? Netscape, IExplorer, FireFox...etc.?

If a browser issue [I use NetScape] ...usually, all have a preference set up that commands a "clean up" on exit...check that out.

There are tons of 3rd party progs that will clean up stuff on exit from browsers...

As an extra added measure, I always visit the Temp folders in Doc's/Settngs and clean them out manually, if I have to, before shut down.

CRAP CLEANER> [free] is suggested by many in this forum...
Mil Incorporated> is very good...but not free beyond the trial...good enough for temp solutions though, as are many others...

If in house...from what I have found on a google search, there is no way... "delete search cache" was the key phrase used...

How are these searches being saved...and how are they annoying you...maybe there is a work around ???

Edited by b1caez01, 16 December 2006 - 11:00 AM.

youngpup

youngpup

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm using IExlporer.

youngpup

youngpup

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I think I remember a window asking me if I wanted to save the search history.
Here is the problem:

Attached Thumbnails

• searchieaddress.gif

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Looks to me like a browser issue...

I use Netscape...all relevant files are saved to the Documents and Settings> [your user name]>Local Settings>Temp> I suppose IExplore saves temp files there as well...

Check this out to see if any files, found there, sound like they may be relevant to you, and then delete them...

If a file does not delete, just leave it... If it is necessary to delete all files, download a wee bit of software to unlock them and then delete the files on reboot...but most likly they'll disappear naturally, anyway at that point.

IE has a delete function...

1. open IExplorer
2. Tools
3. Internet Options
4. General...

Edited by b1caez01, 17 December 2006 - 09:10 AM.