Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Display Problems

• Please log in to reply

kc0eks

kc0eks

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello all,

I am attempting to fix a Compaq Presario laptop with display issues.

After fixing the switch that turns the display on and off I now have this problem:

The display will turn on for about a second when you first turn the computer on, and each time i press and release the switch for the screen.

After this the back light (i assume) turns off. You can still barely see an outline of what is on the screen.
I assumed it may be the backlight, or inverter. But I am unsure.

I would love for anyone with experience in this to help me out.

Thank you much and I hope I explained that somewhat clearly!

Justin

Edited by kc0eks, 17 December 2006 - 10:59 PM.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
No guarantees but from research I've done lately, it has been suggested that if the light comes on at all it is most likely the inverter..... Good luck...

kc0eks

kc0eks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Well that is useful to know! I figured I would start with replacing the inverter. Now I am just on the hunt for one that isnt really expensive :whistling:

Thank you for your assistance!