Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet connection troubles

• Please log in to reply

rvb

rvb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
so a few hours ago my computer was running fine and on the internet through a wireless card that I have.
then, all of a sudden it stops working. so i thought it was a fluke. i restarted, it let me on the internet for about 5 seconds then kicked me off again. now i cannot conect at all. my wireless card is working fine, it is able to find the network with full bars, it just gets stuck on aquiring network address. im not too good with computers, so i cant exactly explain what all is going on.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Sounds like the router decided not to assign them... Here's what to do. Unplug the power to both your router and modem, and leave it off for about 30 seconds. Next, restore power to the modem only. Wait for about 15 seconds, or wait until all your check lights are properly lit. Next, restore power to the router, and watch the lights, and give it a minute or so to start a connection. Your computer should be trying to get a network address by now. Give that a minute and see if it works.