Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setting monitor's mode: Analog / Digital?

• Please log in to reply

loui1410

loui1410

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hello

Two weeks ago, I bought a new LCD monitor, LG L1932TQ. When I finished installing the driver, a message appeared saying that the driver was installed successfully for the monitor LG L1932TQ (Analog). Also when I go to the Display Properties, there is written (Analog) as well. Does that mean that I can choose to work in either Analog or Digital mode? If so, how can I change it to Digital?

Thanks in advance,
Louie.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The terms Analog/Digital refer to the type of connection you have between the PC graphics card and the monitor. Many LCD monitors have two types of connector. One is the standard vga connector as used by all low-end and budget graphics cards and on-board graphics chips. The other (if provided) is called a DVI connector (Digital Video Interface) which has the potential to provide a 'cleaner' and purer image.
However, to use the DVI connection on the monitor you must also have a DVI connector on your graphics card (only the more expensive graphics cards have them) and, of course, you must use a DVI cable instead of the standard VGA cable.