Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel Pentium Processors

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Hello,

I don't know much about the newer pentium processors and I would like to learn more about their power and statistics. I'm still using a 1.4Ghz P3 cpu so I'm still kind of learning about newer cpus. I have no idea what the difference is between dual core, ht, celeron, etc. I really get confused when I'm on online pc shopping websites and I see a Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 Socket 775 Quad-Core 2.66Ghz for $1200. Than I see something else like a Intel Xeon 3.0GHz Socket 604 1024K L2 Cache 800MHz FSB... & I start thinking to myself "wait a minute one is 2.66Ghz and the other one is 3.0Ghz, why is the one with lower Ghz more expensive and the one with higher Ghz less expensive?".

I have no idea what's going on I mean I read about intel processors here and there, but I want to know if anyone has a detailed chart where I can see all the intel processors ever made (or just the newer ones), listed in order of strength. (ie: worst to best.... slowest to fastest... old to new)

Preferably something that shows spec details, that shows all the different types together on one chart. (ie: ht, celeron, dual core, etc.)

Thank You

Edited by superstar, 18 December 2006 - 07:11 AM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
See if this fits the bill.

http://indigo.intel....p;culture=en-US

If you click on the logo beside each set of cpus, you can go to the spec pages and get info on each one made.

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 18 December 2006 - 11:13 AM.