Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I loose my internet connection

• Please log in to reply

Renegade

Renegade

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
This started to happen a couple of days ago. I was surfing around on the internet while downloading and all of a sudden I lost connection. First I didn't think it was so big of a deal but now, a couple of days later, it still happens and allways when I'm downloading.

I was able to play WoW for 3 hours atleast yesterday without problems but as soon as I was going to download a file today it happened again...I rebooted the connection to the router and everything was fine for about 1-2 min when it happened again :S

Is there a solution to this?

I have a D-link DI-524 (router) and a DWL-G122 (Wireless USB adapter)

I have never had this problem before and it just came to me from out of nowhere.

Hope you can help me.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Does this only happen when you download files?

(Edited for grammar)

Edited by Stormknight6, 19 December 2006 - 08:51 AM.

Renegade

Renegade

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Yes...I have during the last couple of days never lost connection while not downloading.

Either I'm downloading from different sites or I'm using BitComet when it disconnects.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
You mentioned BitComet... Do tell... Some people download totally legal files off of that, but some people are pirates... Are you looking for help downloading illegally obtained files from torrents?

Renegade

Renegade

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
No i'm not trying to find a solution to obtain files illegally...I'm looking for a solution to the fact that my wireless connection disconnects when I try to download (not always but sometimes)

Edited by Renegade, 07 January 2007 - 05:14 AM.