Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TV Tuner and Digital Cable

• Please log in to reply

smile07

smile07

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Howdy!

I just got a new computer:
RAM: 1023 MB
Processor: AMD Sempron™ Processor 2800+ 1.60 GHz

When I got it the first thing I did was plug in basic cable to the tv tuner and it worked. My mom surprised me with digital cable the next day and so I hooked it up and start watching better tv lol. All of a sudden my comp freezes up then forces me to push the reset button on the cpu. I let it reboot and then windows (both of them) says that it found new hardware (the tv tuner) and when I pop in the driver cd for it the wizard still can't fnd the driver. I unplug the digital cable from the comp and it works again. I know, it is a no brainer... go back to the basic cable, but I really want digital, please :whistling:

Thanks
-smile07

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
hi, welcome to geektogo

when you added the cable the first time, did you use the cd or did xp recognise it straight off, or was it done with wizard's help

smile07

smile07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
i got it from my uncle who made the computer himself... he said he used the hardware wizard b/c the cd told him to... the cd has the drivers, but the wizard refuses to find it, even when i direct the wizard right to the folder

smile07

smile07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Just so yall know, it turns out that the tv tuner is not compatible with digital cable, so this thread can be closed.

TYVM for the attempt to fix it!