Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sound won't work /windows xp

• Please log in to reply

rylee

rylee

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
:whistling: my volume properties icon on my task bar has dissapeared with my sound. went to device manager, infrared devices has a yellow mark on serial cable using IrDa protocol and under sound has sound max integrated digital audio checked tried to reload with driver disc that came with pc says cannnot find driver cannot load device from hardware corrupt or missing code 39. try troubleshoot and that now says something about active x control can't display page any help is appreciated tyvm and merry christmas

Edited by rylee, 19 December 2006 - 05:53 PM.

Advertisements

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
mmmmm...all confusing to me...but that being said, what I've done in the past when any yellow warnings appear in the Device Manager... is to... try this approach...

1. go to Device Manager again
2. uninstall the drivers associated with the yellow warning devices
3. insert setup CD for whatever you had to install
4. activate the error sites and then send it to search for the drivers on its own...ie. let Windows do it...
5. it will search until it finds them, then it will reinstall them...

Won't work? Get back to "us."

Edited by b1caez01, 19 December 2006 - 07:17 PM.

rylee

rylee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
thanks again, it's fixed , you guys are great. Have a Merry Christmas

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
It worked :blink:

...well, what do you know :) I am amazing...even to myself...an old country boy :whistling:

Anyway, 9 times out of 10 any anomalies in the Device Managar, can be fixed that way... uninstall, then reinstall, and always remember to have the install files handy, because Windows wants to be able to find them easily...the blind leading the blind and all that :help: