Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

weird restart

• Please log in to reply

MDeezy32

MDeezy32

• Pip
  • 6 posts
hey guys im experincing some weird problems ever since installing a new sound card
the sound card is connected right and the drivers were installed
then the next time i started up WoW my music from musicmatch got all distorted i restarted and the same thing so i reinstalled the drivers
now the music plays like normal but then all of a sudden after about a hour of gaming my game froze and music repeated for 1-2 seconds then the whole system shut off and restarted with no stop error!
this usually only happens in game but has recently started happening when the computers idle and im just talking over AIM

also i have check the resouces and disabled the onboard card

i have thought of the possible problems being
1.bad drivers
2.bad actual card
3.cpu overheating?
4.power supply problem?

now i have a video card and sound card maybe theres not enough power to power both?
well i need any advice i can get to this weird problem

the sound card is a creative soundblaster audiogly (sp) se

Advertisements

achilles becqx

achilles becqx

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
chk the driver that u r installing, it is not compatible,
pls explain how r u installing the driver for the sound card

MDeezy32

MDeezy32

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
well i go to creatives site and got it i double click it and a installer opens it does say it doesnt have windows logo vertification

are there compatible drives or should i return it?

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
If the sond card is by creative and it is there driver than it should b ok if is not digitally sighned.
- first 2 narow down the problem I suggest u take iut the sound card and enable the onboard audio and see if the problem hapens again.
- if it does not it stuck then the sound card is the probubly the trouble maker.
- If the problem does continue than u have 2 start looking in other directions.

- u could maybe look through google and see if there are any othe drivers for the audio card.

tell us what u discoverd. :whistling:

MDeezy32

MDeezy32

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i used the onboard all day yesterday worked fine reinstalled video card and bamo problems started again in about 15 mins

this is weird none of my friends have any ideas besides maybe bad card

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
yep... bad card

MDeezy32

MDeezy32

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
well heres my last options i guees im gonna try a clean wipe of the sound card take it out and try it in all the pci slots again also someone said something about disabling the onboard card from my bios but i didnt see any options regrading it