Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CoD2 custom stuff

• Please log in to reply

GravyTrain

GravyTrain

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
You know how you join a server and sometimes it loads custom files, like different weapon sounds, different models, new cross hairs and cursers etc..

Well, I want to get rid of that and have it like it was freshly installed. I notice a bunch of folders in the C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2 directory that could look like deleting those would help, but which ones should I delete or keep? :S

thanks

Edited by GravyTrain, 20 December 2006 - 09:58 PM.

Advertisements

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
Perhaps the easiest way would be to uninstall then delete the folder.

Or you could try sorting by date...

:whistling:

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
it all depends on the servers you play on. They are supposed to specify a folder to install the mods to. For example my server mods go to a v4v folder. If you want, you can post a screenshot of the cod2 folder structure or just type it out here and I can tell you what is safe to delete.

The alternative is to uninstall the game. delete the cod2 folder completely. reinstall. then patch the system and update punkbuster.