Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ghost 10 - can not get back up to work

• Please log in to reply

erubin

erubin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have Ghost 10 which came as part of a package with a Dell XPS desktop. It has a 100 GB main hard drive and a 37GB back up drive. I have Ghost set to "optimize" storage of the image and recovery sets. Trouble is, when I get the error message that the target drive is full, it will only recommend that all recovery points be deleted. If I selectively delete just the oldest ones, it requires a full back up, which is now larger than the second hard drive. Tech support from Norton is absolutely useless. Ideas please?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
It may require a full backup by the time you do the necassary maintenance on your system. Start by seting up your system restore to take up only a specified amount. This way it won't eat up disk space. Also removing all your temp files will also speed up the process. We recomend the tool, ATF, to make this process easier.

Once that is done you can try running the backup to see what it will show for results. You will probably need a larger hdd/partion to store the image on. Even at maximum compression, ghost is only able to do 2x compression.