Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hyperlinks

• Please log in to reply

Baho

Baho

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi Guys
I have a problem with Hyperlinks on web pages not opening and also downloads giving blank screens.
I have looked around at some Microsoft articles and tried a few things but so far no luck.
So heres the problem.

Problems
Running IE6 and Windows 98
Have tried repair on Explorer and also un-installed and reinstalled.
Have run also Spybot and Spyware Blaster.

Similar to problems in Article 27696
http://support.micro...B;EN-US;q274696

Nothing happens when you click the hyperlinks on Web pages that are supposed to open a new window.

Nothing happens when you right-click a hyperlink on a Web page, and then click Open in a new window.

If you visit the Windows Update Web site, you can scan your system but when you try to download the file you see the "Preparing to Download" message but the progress indicator does not change. Other download sites just open in a blank window.

In Microsoft Internet Explorer, on the Edit menu, when you click Find (on This Page), it does not work. Error 35 Incompatible version of RPB stub.

It says click Run, type dcomcnfg, and then click OK. Unfortunately it comes with error of not found. Also the find function can not find it either on the hard drive.

Also tried these from the following article with the following results.

http://support.micro...B;EN-US;q180176
article 180176

regsvr32 oleaut32.dll ok
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll ok
regsvr32 actxproxy.dll Failed
regsvr32 mshtml.dll ok
regsvr32 pdm32.dll Failed
regsvr32 Shell32.dll Entry point not found.
regsvr32 Dcomcnfg File not found

So now I am a little confused as to what and where to go and need some help. I am not sure if these DLL's are required and where do I get them from as my disk has them all zipped.
I would appreciate any help you can give etc.

Regards
Baho

Advertisements

Baho

Baho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Your a legend buddy!
Seems to work a treat and very much appreciated
Windows now open in a new window etc and was able to download some updates from Microsoft and the find function now works.
All seems well
Thanks for the help and the quick response
Regards
Baho