2. Downloaded Mozilla FireFox 3 years ago and have been using
3. Son was on pc !!!!!!!!!!!!
4. Firefox now gets 'The connection has timed out'
5. Internet Explorer works fine.
6. Downloaded two other web browsers, the do NOT work either. Same error as Firefox-timed out.
7. Ran Spybot, no problems in register
8. Ran Panda, Adaware, AVG, Norton full system scans. (in Safe Mode)
found some misc bugs, one severe bug was downloader.rameh.c
9. All scans run clean now.
10. Went to Mozilla support room , all they say is I have firewall blocking Firefox.
11. I have no firewalls.
12. I removed my Coroprate Norton anti-virus pgm (that's been running for 5 years) just in case.
13. I checked Internet Connections settings vs Firefox, they are the same.
14. Firefox WORKS in Safe Mode.
15. Normal Mode - Firefox and other web browsers still do not work but Explorer does.
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what could still be wrong? I assume the downloader.rameh.c trojan did something to something. Virus scan(s) found and removed all bugs but only Internet Explorer will work to access web now.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I've been on this for about 14 hours.