Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Annoying window

• Please log in to reply

Pearlie

Pearlie

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I usually just hibernate my computer, so I don't know when this actually started: When I turn on or restart my laptop, and windows starts up, it opens a window with the program file "windows" instead of just going to my desktop. Anyone have advice on what caused this and how I can get it back to "normal"?

Advertisements

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Before you put it in hibernation, be sure that you are on your desktop with no other apps or windows open... If hibernation is the same as shutdown as to what shows up when you restart...Windows is defaulted to open things as you left them...in case you were in the middle of something when it shut down...it thinks it's doing you a favour :whistling:

See if that works...

Pearlie

Pearlie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
That's not it. I know about the hibernating and the windows coming up "as I left them" I actually like that. This problem window only opens after a complete shutdown. Sorry, but thanks for the attempt.

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Have you been to the malware forum with this issue?