Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Star Wars: Battlefront II FATAL troubleshooting

• Please log in to reply

NiteCyper

NiteCyper

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Borrowed PC version of SWBFII from a friend because my gaming comp is on the fritz and I'm bored and my laptop has no games to play 'cept StarCraft and WorldCup 98 which I don't play anymore. Installed fine, try to turn it on and two windows are in the taskbar not opening: SWBFII and the exact name, 'FATAL.' Can't find much about it on Google. Installing the 1.1 patch as I type and another thing about it is, when I try to start it, a 'windowed-mode like game'-sized window is inactive in the middle of my screen. Only thing I can do then is reboot. Helpzors? ~Gir for Prez

Edited by NiteCyper, 24 December 2006 - 05:55 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
depending on the specs your laptop has it may not have the power to run this game:

100% DirectX 9.0c compatible computer with Pentium 4 1.5 GHz or Athlon XP 1500+
(Pentium 4 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 2800+)

256 MB RAM ( 512 MB RAM) / 1.67GB Hard Drive Space (1.87GB HD Space)

64 MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Vertex andPixel Shader (VS/PS) Capability
(128 MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Vertex andPixel Shader (VS/PS) Capability)

(100% DirectX 9.0c compatible Sound Card)

(Keyboard and Mouse) / Supported: Joystick or Gamepad

Microsoft DirectX 9.0c must be installed to run the Star Wars BATTLEFRONT II.
Link to Microsoft DirectX available here.
NOTE: DirectX may require the "latest" updates for your operating system. This may also include the latest drivers for your motherboard, sound, and video hardware.

Multiplayer Support- Supports 2 to 64 players via internet
(DSL, Cable, or faster internet connection required for Multiplayer)

Supported Video Chipsets:
The following is the current list of supported chipsets for the Star Wars BATTLEFRONT II BETA.
ATI Radeon 8500/9000/9200 family, ATI Radeon 9500/9600/9700/9800 family, ATI Radeon X300/X600/X700/X800/X850 family, NVIDIA GeForce3 family, NVIDIA GeForce4 family excluding the GeForce4 MX, NVIDIA GeForce FX family, NVIDIA GeForce 6 family, and NVIDIA GeForce 7 family