Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI catalyst control panel

• Please log in to reply

shinakuma9

shinakuma9

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Hi,
recently i downloaded ATI catalyst control panel for my radeon 9200SE in hopes it would lag less in games.
However, it didnt, infact it lagged my computer...alot, especially when i start it up. Now i have a problem.
I need to uninstall it and it cant because files are missing, alot of them, everything is screwed up, system restore cannot help, everytime i right click, it gives me the windows installer message, saying "preparing to install", for the ATI catalyst control panel. I want to uninstall this and remove it from the computer, can someone please tell me how.

THanks in advance

-shinakuma :whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Look at the bottom of post 1 here

http://forums.amd.co...showtopic=21003

For this part

Next download the "CATALYST Uninstaller" software from the ATI website. CAT
uninstaller

http://www2.ati.com/...uninstaller.exe

The above link won't run because of anti hot linking measures, though it will from the forum link

Make sure you have the replacement drivers downloaded before running cat uninstaller

shinakuma9

shinakuma9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Hi again,

on the cat uninstaller screen, when i hit the "remove" button, the uninstaller stops responding, is that normal?

cheers

-shinakuma

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Only if it is inactive for more than a few minutes

ATI software can appear to be doing nothing for ages, then suddenly loads it