Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

not allowing songs on mp3 even with loads of space

• Please log in to reply

kh1+2

kh1+2

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
ok i have ran into a small problem my new mp3 player. ok i have a 2 gigabyte mp3 player with loads of space on it (well obviously) and as i try to load music on to the mp3 the following message keeps coming up saying "the directory or file cannot be created" and ive checked the disk space of the mp3 but it still has loads of memory on it, ive also tried using the disk check error and defragmentating and still nothing. oh also i have some songs on the mp3 player as well and as i delete one song and put another one on replacing it it will copy but no more then that one then replacing one song for another

any help would be much appreciated :whistling:

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. What kind of player is this? Any special software you need to install? How about for adding music? Did you read the manual?

kh1+2

kh1+2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
oh stormknight6 im sorry to have troubled you because it seems i have fixed the problem. it seems i needed a usb wire to connect the mp3 to the computer to allow more songs on to the mp3. so i am sorry to have bothered you but if it wasnt for your advice i wouldnt have figured out about the usb wire and i also say thankyou and i wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year and ill be seeing you round geekstogo seeing as how we are both geeks in training (but diffrerent learnings but still)

oh and good luck with your training :whistling:

ill see you around

kh1+2

kh1+2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
stormknight6 im sorry i thought it was allowing more music onto the mp3 but its not and there was a software to install but it doesnt help upload music on to the mp3. the music is fine while playing on the mp3 but its just uploading music and there is nothing in the manual it just describes power and sound problems.
also the device manager says there is no problems.