Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

is e-system a good make of laptop

• Please log in to reply

kh1+2

kh1+2

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
i have a question. my friend recently got a laptop of a make called e-system and im wondering if anyone knows if its a good make of laptop or not.

any help/response will be much appreicated

:whistling:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
I cannot find any reference to this brand on Google.

According to PC Service Call (who handle all the warranty and technical support for PC World UK), they offer technical support for a brand called Ei Systems. A Google search for for E-systems turns out an old advertisement from a guy who was selling one of these. The model number he gives matches up with the specs for the appropriate system. I can therefore only assume that your friend's laptop is actually an Ei System branded laptop parading as a E-System.

Now having said that, alarm bells should now be ringing because if you want one for yourself, it involves setting foot inside PC World which is not something I would like to encourage.

kh1+2

kh1+2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
:whistling: thankyou so very much for replying and helping me find out about this i really appreciate this.
but before i go im just wondering whats wrong with pc world ? because i havent been there in quite a while so have they become a bad quality of service ?

its also nice to see someone from the uk here on the site because there arent much people from the uk on this site apart from keith and therock247 :blink:

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Actually, having seen an advert in the paper this morning, these branded laptops are actually available in PC World for £199.

For what they are, the specifications on the system are crap and they're not really worth any more than £199.

PC World gets slated by many people because the technical support is crap (handled through Premium Rate telephone numbers £1.50 a minute) and on occasion the in-store staff talk the talk for shifting systems but the support desk is clueless.

You can read a report here:
http://www.which.co....e_557_99707.jsp

kh1+2

kh1+2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
thankyou neil jones for all your help i really appreciate it and well since its not christmas anymore i wish you a happy new year :whistling:

kh1+2

kh1+2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
oh before i go neil jones, you wouldnt reccomend one of these laptops then.

Loganic

Loganic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Know this is a new post for an old tread, but I just wanted to say. That I bought two E SYSTEM 1211 notebook/laptop Newyear 09. From PC World online and both are refurbished. we haven't had any problems with them. But they didn't come with any user manuals. Which was disapointing, setting up would have been a whole lot easier. E SYSTEM PC are made by DIXSONXP. As the name suggests its the Dixon Group, Currys, Dixson, and PC World are a part of the group. I've also had trouble looking for information about E SYSTEM computers in general. However there's built in help from the TechGuys. I've had to use that and that's very good. Am just in the process of upgrading the RAM from 512mb to 2GB. However, when I scanned the system with Crucial. Crucial couldn't give me the information I needed to buy Ram. Instead I had to open the computer up and look at what I already had and email them with that. They said I could put in two 1GB as I had two slots. I checked this and I've only found 1 slot!. But Belarc Advisor says I've two :) So I'm taking a chance and I've order one 2Gb of RAM.

And to reply to your question is: I've found E SYSTEMS ok. The price was good for me £249 I was on a budget :) . I've only a 80GB HD not a big deal but I knew I could upgrade if I wanted, the same for the RAM. I decided to go for a faster motherboard speed 2.13 as I felt that this was more important. :) Bottom line it does the job and am overall very happy :)

Edited by Loganic, 29 May 2009 - 05:28 AM.

sdredger

sdredger

• Pip
  • 1 posts
did anyone find out where the second ram slot was?