Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i need help

• Please log in to reply

cinmo2000

cinmo2000

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
i'm trying to download windows xp service pack 2 and it always gives me an error what can i do. i need help.

Advertisements

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Try downloading and install the Service Pack 2 Network Install. The total file size is 250MB+, if you have dial-up have Microsoft send you a Serivce Pack 2 CD. Use the following link to order a CD:

Service Pack 2 CD

Hope that this helps.

cinmo2000

cinmo2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
i downlaoded the windows xp serves pack 2 and when i tryed to run it , it tells me that it is not a valid win32 application, i want to know if there is anything i can do with this or i will have to order the cd from microsoft.

zoned

zoned

• Pip
  • 9 posts
You could order the SP2 CD from them and get them to post it to you...

at http://www.microsoft...us/default.mspx

cinmo2000

cinmo2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
now i got the service pack 2 cd but it says that the key i used in not valid so what does that mean? how can i fix this problem? or i just can't fix it or what?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Microsoft coded Service pack two so that it will not install with known pirated software.

If you believe this message is in error, you should contact Microsoft.

cinmo2000

cinmo2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
do i have to buy the whole software or can i just buy the key for windows. or how should i go about it.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
that would be entirerly up to you...

Some places sell "Certificates of Authenticity" with cd-keys and no media--never quite understood if that was legal or not....