Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2000 - Meeting Invitation Problem

• Please log in to reply

hudsong

hudsong

• Pip
  • 3 posts
We're having a problem at the office where staff are not always receiving meeting invitations, but the meeting organizer says the invitation was sent. Then they receive a 'second' invitation from the meeting organizer but it's often too late for this person to attend the meeting. This has caused some serious problems with some people not showing up for important meetings and staff blaming each other. When the meeting organizer sets up a meeting and invites staff, those names show up in Attendee Availability. Is there a way to see when each person was actually added? In other words, an audit or proof (time/date, etc.) of the first time the meeting organizer actually invited that person? Any help you can give would greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If the invitations are sent with Calendar, then press actions to check request responses is ticked, you can check with sent items to get when it was sent

hudsong

hudsong

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you, Keith! This is a sticky situation, because the meeting organizer said the invitation was sent and, we assume, it was not. So the proof is in the Meeting Organizer's Outlook Sent items, and that person probably doesn't want it known that the attendee was forgotten or not properly invited. A few politics here to work out. Thanks again for your quick response!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If I organise a meeting and 3 people do not arrive and when asked, say they did not get an invitation, my sent items folder is the next thing they would be looking at, not sure why the person responsible for sending the invitations is unwilling for this to happen, it's not as if running a business is a game.

Maybe, when someone gets an invitation they could forward it to a person or persons who have a list of who is invited to any meeting

hudsong

hudsong

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I agree and I think, bascially, the meeting organizer dropped the ball and doesn't want to admit it in this case, because it was an important meeting. So we were trying, from the attendee's side, to obtain proof on whether or not the attendee was ever invited. When I organize a meeting, I check the Attendee Availability tab to see who has accepted and then call those who have not responded (also use read receipts). But another question...how do you print out that list of responses from the Attendee Availability tab? When I print I get the meeting invitation, not the reponses, and it would be nice to share that response list with others when the need arises. Any tips?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Until someone posts the real solution, have a look at this, mine is set up so it does not print by default but saves to a folder, when you need to show it to someone you can either e-mail it to them or print a hard copy

Screenprint