Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hubbys pc wont turn on....

• Please log in to reply

lancell

lancell

• Pip
  • 2 posts
for a few months now suddenly hubbys pc would just shut down for no reason (maybe a curse of WoW lol) but i went to move his pc to make room for him with another guy who plays WoW so they can be closer together... well now it kinda turns on maybe for 3-8 seconds and shuts down there is a short sound for the spinning for the cd drive but thats it .... question is if i am right want to double check here is the powersupply is dying ... the fan still works but that doesnt always mean that its not dying and the pc is always on and he is a HEAVY WoW player so ... now you understand why i am questioning myself here... pls let me know what ya think ... eather im crazy or not ... lol also i did a direct connection to the wall still did same thing .... thankyou for your help
mahalos...

Advertisements

RegorTheGreat

RegorTheGreat

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
The power supply would be the first thing in question that you could check...other than making sure all other devices are securely connected in place. also, make sure the CPU is set well, and the fan is clean. I would try to get another power supply that is known to be good, just for testing purposes. If that does not work, you may want to pull all other devices from the computer (hard drive cables, everything but the cpu, ram, and video card) and try to start it up. One of the devices could be causing it to turn off and you will need to isolate it.

lancell

lancell

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i thought so but nice to double check ... now is just geting the money and getting hubby to drive me out to get one lol ... scheldules due to holidays are so much fun lol... seems the pcs have an idea when is the worst time to go down lol.... thankyou